Pull This Thread

Musings of a painfully shy knitter

Saturday, April 29, 2006

My weddin' yarn!

So, the reason I'm making a Rowan butterfly is because I am getting married in exactly 3 months from today, and I am hoping it will be my wedding dress. Well, hoping that it will look good enough on me that I will want it to be ingrained into people's memories!


Can you tell that one of the yarn's dye lot is completely different than the other four?

Obviously, it's going to be blue. Weddings aren't my favorite things in the world, and I especially don't like the big white dresses. I don't feel the need to emulate Queen Victoria's love of white dresses, and since I have lived with Dave for over 4 years now technically I shouldn't be allowed to wear white!

Realizing that the big day is in three months has freaked me out. This is by far the biggest, most complicated project I have ever undertaken, and I need to light a fire under my ass to get it finished. So send good thoughts about finishing!



This was taken after I figured out the pattern for the bottom ruffle. It kind of hurt my brain at first, and I was psyched when I realized I was doing everything correctly.

3 Comments:

  • At 6:51 PM, Blogger Roro said…

    Dude, knitting your own WEDDING DRESS? My hat is so off to you that I may never find it again! That blue is gorgeous and so is the pattern. I look forward to seeing more pictures!!

    Congrats on starting your blog! Sadly, I do not live in your area, so I cannot invite you to my local Stitch n' Bitch - unless you swing by Toronto sometime and then you're more than welcome! I do not know the Yarn Harlot, but am a huge fan. I DO know where she lives (and more importantly, where she shops). Next time you're in town, we can stalk her together! Ha ha! No pressure. Good times.

     
  • At 4:14 PM, Blogger Sioux said…

    Yay! My first blog comment!
    Roro, you are officially my most favorite person ever. Now maybe I'll even post something sometime!

    Knitting a wedding dress is maybe not the smartest idea, but it keeps me from having to step foot in a bridal store.

    And as for stalking the Yarn Harlot if I'm ever in Toronto? I'm so up for it. But I'd have to hide in a big pile of yarn or something, what with the being timid and all!

     
  • At 10:53 PM, Anonymous roro said…

    Sioux, that's the great thing about stalking; much of its success relies on not being seen. Your "hiding behind yarn" plan is ace. I can tell you're a natural.

    You must post again, for I and any other readers who visit need to know how your wedding dress is going. No pressure.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home